A car cover is a sensitive thing for your car, which means you need to care for your car cover properly. Most of the time, car owners use the car cover to protect their car from dust, rain, mud, pollen, and other harmful elements. But what can you do after using your car cover in the rain? You must need to dry it and keep it in safe areas.
But, how to dry a car cover? You can dry your car cover using multiple methods such as heat, air dryer, car cover dryer, and multiple things. You can also dry your car cover naturally to keep the car cover open air or under the sunlight.
However, if you are confused about finding this answer from the introduction, you should keep reading the following article to get a detailed answer.
How to Dry a Car Cover? ( 3 Actionable Methods)
Before starting the three methods to dry your car cover, you should keep in mind that the methods are only working for you when you use the natural processes and fail. However, I also discuss here the natural method so that you can also get the right answer. So, let’s get started.
Method 1: Using Sunlight to Dry the Car Cover (Natural Process)
It is an actional method, and most car owners use this method to dry their car cover properly without any damaging issues. However, the following steps are the perfect option to dry your car cover using sunlight. So, follow each of the steps to dry your car cover.
- Step 1: Prepare to remove the car cover: First of all, you need to prepare to take off your car cover. You must need to keep your wet car cover under the sun for some time.
- Step 2: Keep the cover under the sun: Secondly, you need to keep the car cover under the sunlight for 8 to 10 hours (It depends on sunlight power).
- Step 3: Check out the car cover: Now, you should check out your car cover dry or not. If you dry your car cover, then you can remove it; otherwise, you should keep the car cover for extra hours.
Method 2: Use Heater
You can check out this step if you think you already complete the natural method, but it doesn’t work for you. We are using here a heater to dry the cover. It is a quick and time saver method, but you must need to keep in mind its heat level. However, let’s discuss this in detail step by step.
- Step 1: First of all, you need to collect a heater (if your car covers are large enough, then choose a big heater) to dry your car cover.
- Step 2: Check out the heating level. You need to set up a medium heat function in your heater.
- Step 3: Start the heater and heat every side of your wet cover. You need to do it carefully.
- Step 4: You should do it three times to dry your car cover in a proper way.
Method 3: Put Your Car Cover on Dryer
Can you put a car cover in the dryer? The official answer is yes; you can put your car cover on the dryer. But you must need to know that your car cover accepts a dryer machine to dry the cover. If your car cover accepts a dryer machine, then you can follow the following steps; otherwise, you can avoid the dryer method.
- Step 1: Find out a dryer and go to the dryer with your cover.
- Step 2: Input your cover with washing powder and insert the cover on the dryer machine.
- Step 3: Wait for a moment to dry properly.
- Step 4: After drying your cover, you should not keep it on the open-air or use another chemical because of paint damaging issues.
I hope that the above three methods are the perfect option for you. Each of the methods is actionable. But you must need to keep in mind the rules and regulations of the dryer machine. I never recommend you to use a dryer to dry your car cover.
How to wash your car cover?
FAQs (Frequently Ask Questions)
Q: Is it OK to put the car cover on a wet car?
A: No, I don’t remember you trying to put your car cover on a wet car. You will find plenty of issues to use a car cover in your wet cars, such as paint damaging issues, water spots, and others. Most importantly, the car wax problem also occurs, which costs you a lot.
Q: How do you clean an outside car cover?
A: You can clean your outside car cover by using a proper method. You can use a heater, air dryer, and also sunlight to clean your car cover without any issues. On the other hand, you can also use a dryer to clean your cover.
I hope that the above three methods help you a lot to dry your car cover without any hassles. These three methods are actionable, and most car owners use the methods to dry their car cover. I would love to recommend you use the first method, which means the natural method, to get the best result. Whatever are you still confused about this matter? If your answer is yes, then you may let me know in the following comment box.